Tuesday, September 20, 2016

YOU

"Mrs. Willis, why did you put the word YOU twice on that board?" a student asked me the other day. He was referring to the large sign I made on our classroom wall. The one pictured at the top of this blog. It says "Be the best YOU you can be." He thought I had put an extra YOU in the saying by accident. I went on to explain to him that I meant to put the word YOU twice. I told him that sign was there to remind everyone to be your best YOU. Don't try to be better than anyone or even try to be like anyone else. Everyone has their own talents, gifts and strengths. Try your best, be YOUR best! Be the best YOU you can be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Happening

We did a new kind of "warm-up" for Math today. This came from the book Codebreakers . We started off with some easy puzzles and w...